Ashley's DIY of the Day



My room with the lights off {The picture doesn't do it justice!}

 Today has been a somewhat productive day ~ kinda slow though.  I have had my Bestest Friends in the Whole World living with me this week... and they had to go back home.. I've missed them like crazy!  So I have been wrapping presents, Christmas decorating, cleaning, and watching Dad fix my computer.. All of my Christmas shopping is done, except for two  people!  (I'm kinda sad about that) {I started shopping in October! I was so excited lol} I LOVE buying gifts. 

Some of the Christmas present I wrapped today! :)


This was my DIY of the day. This lamp USED to have an orange, glass ball instead of the blue one you see here.  The orange used to match the color scheme of my room ~ but now that it has blue, it was a huge eye sore! Since, the ornaments I bought to hang from the ceiling matched my room real well....

I crushed the glass ball with a hammer, and took a knife and put two holes on each side of this ornament, and then strung the cord right through it... Creative, huh?  The ball cost me 16 cents {cheap! cheap!} Then I sprayed some glitter spray on it, to spice it up.  So I now have a lamp that looks completely different & matches my room! ;)

3 comments:

Rachel S. said...

Wow- that was a pretty neat makeover to your lamp!

Ashley Nicole said...

haha- Thanks! I'm a crafty kinda Gal. :)

Sam said...

This is amazing!! :)